AEC has the following vacancy at this time.
Appalachian Electric Cooperative (AEC) provides electric service to 48,000 members in East Tennessee. We own and maintain an electric distribution system that covers 600 square miles in parts of Grainger, Hamblen, Hawkins, Jefferson, and Sevier counties.
We currently have an opportunity for an Executive Assistant in our New Market, Tennessee office. The Executive Assistant serves as the secretary to the General Manager and the Board of Directors. Oversees day-to-day operation of the GM’s office and to the needs of the Board.
AEC offers a competitive salary and benefits plan including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, short and long term disability, paid parental leave, 401k and a company funded pension plan. Benefits eligibility is first of the month following 30 days of employment.
Appalachian Electric Cooperative is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
AEC IS A TENNESSEE DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support and project management for the Board and Board committees. Schedule and arrange meetings, compile and distribute materials, attend meetings as requested, prepare meeting minutes, and maintain corporate documents.
- Coordinate travel arrangements for the Board members, including hotel and flights
- Plan and oversee logistical arrangements for Board and Board committees, including the Board room, meals and refreshments, supplies, and technology.
- Adhere to compliance with the bylaws regarding Board matters.
- Track revisions to the bylaws.
- Organize and maintain a variety of corporate documents including contracts, agreements, loan documents, and Board documents.
- Maintain the Board and cooperative calendar.
- Provide event management support as requested.
- Notarize documents as needed.
- Perform special projects as assigned by the general manager.
- Provide hospitality to all guests.
- Other projects/duties as assigned for the overall benefit of the organization.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Associates Degree in Business/Administration or equivalent, supplemented by two years of executive-level administrative support.
- Experience working under pressure and managing competing tasks and priorities.
- Experience drafting agendas, presentations, reports, and correspondence preferred.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Time management and ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent writing, copy-editing, and formatting skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Escalate relevant information to staff as needed.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Outlook, Word, and Excel, as well as overall computer literacy to manage other platforms and handle tasks efficiently
- Ability to treat confidential information with appropriate discretion.
- May require occasional overtime as needed including assisting outside of normal work hours during storm outages.
- Regular on time attendance is required
- Performs all duties in accordance with established safety practices
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to:
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel
- Sit, stand and walk throughout the day
- Sit at a desk or work center and operate a desktop or tablet computer, keyboard and mouse
- Reach with hands and arms
- Talk and hear
- The employee must occasionally lift, push/pull and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and color vision.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving parts.
To apply for this position, follow this Posting Link