[back to top]
- Bills will be rendered monthly, and are due at the net (smaller) amount on or before the due date.
- Failure to receive bill will not release customer from payment obligation.
- If the due date falls on a weekend or a holiday that is observed by the Cooperative, the next working day will be considered as a day of grace for delivery of payment.
- If the bill is not paid on time, a second notice will be sent 5 days after the due date. If a bill has not been paid 10 days after the due date, the member’s service may be discontinued.
- If you would like to make a contribution to Project Deserve, an emergency assistance program for elderly and disabled members, please call ext. 1107.
- Any customer billing, paid on time by check, later returned as “unpayable” by the customer’s bank shall have the discount forfeited and added to the bill along with a $15.00 minimum return check charge.
- Please contact our Bookkeeping Department for account information or questions @ ext.1820.
Payment By ACH
A convenient way to pay your electric bill! Free bank draft from your checking account.
Savings: Save the cost of postage stamps & a trip to our office. No cost to sign up for this program.
No Late Payments: The ACH program will provide you with the assurance that your monthly payment
is made on time.
Eassy to Use: You can eliminate the time of writing a check and mailing a payment each month.
You still receive your Bill: We still send you a bill each month as we have always done. Your
payment will be automatically deducted from your checking account.
Simple Enrollment: Just click on the link for a downloadable enrollment form. Return the form
and we'll get you started! ACH Authorization Form
Payment Using Credit Card
AEC members may choose the option of rendering payment of their electric deposit, monthly electric bills, or any other applicable fees, via their Discover, VISA or MasterCard. All Cashier Department personnel have been thoroughly trained to process this type of transaction. Please call ext. 1248 for more information. A $3.00 fee is added to these transactions.
Payment Options & Locations
[back to top]
- By mail to:
Appalachian Electric Cooperative
P.O. Box 710
Jefferson City, Tennessee 37760 - 0710
- In person at main office in New Market 7:30 am - 5:00 P.M. Monday through Friday
- In night depository beside drive-through window at the main office. (Checks & Money Orders Only)
- At any of the following locations:
- BB & T (Jefferson City, Dandridge, Kodak)
- Citizens Bank & Trust - (Rutledge & Bean Station)
- Citizens Bank of New Tazewell (Bean Station & Morristown)
- Citizens National Bank (Dandridge, Kodak, Jefferson City & White Pine)
- Colonial Loan - Morristown (Radio Center)
- Community National Bank (Jefferson City, Morristown)
- First Peoples Bank (Jefferson City, Alpha & Dandridge)
- First Tennessee Bank (Dandridge, White Pine and Morristown) - Customers Only
- FSG Bank (Jefferson City & Dandridge)
- New South Credit Union (Rutledge)
- Regions Bank (Jefferson City & Morristown - Customers Only)
- Rutledge Hardware (Rutledge)
- Tennessee State Bank (Jefferson City, Kodak & Sevier County)
- US Bank (Jefferson City and White Pine)
- ACH (electronic transfer) plan available upon request Please contact ext.1107
- By Phone at 865.475.2032 ext.1248 using your credit card.
Equal Monthly Payment Plan becomes "The Levelized Billing Program"
[back to top]
The Equal Monthly Payment Plan (EMP) is changing. Our new program is called The Levelized Billing Program. The change will become effective with billing cycles due on February 23, 2011. This program is designed to allow residential members who have been established at current locations for twelve consecutive months (or longer), to pay an average monthly amount, no matter the cost of their actual electric bill. The sign up period for participation in the program is open from April 1 through October 31, each calendar year. The Levelized Billing payment amount will be calculated as follows:
Average monthly usage over last 12 months, multiplied at current rates plus 5% = Levelized Billing payment amount.
This amount is reviewed monthly, and if warranted, adjustments will be made. The electric meter will continue to be read each month, and the member’s actual usage will be used to reconcile their account. Everyone on the former Equal Monthly Payment Plan will be moved to the new Levelized Billing Program. Members may call and opt out of this new program.
The Levelized Billing Program is subject to cancellation at any time due to::
- Termination of electric service by the customer.
- Failure to make any payment within 10 days after the due date.
- Upon request by either party.
For questions or assistance with this program, please contact our Bookkeeping Department at extension 1820.